Generals Terms Terms and conditions
We invite you to read our General Terms and Conditions of Sale and Use (“T&Cs”) before using our AMI For Ever website – accessible via https://ami.forever.com (the “Website”) – either to send us one of your Ami products so as to benefit from our Trade-in service, or to order a second-hand product available on the Website. Please be aware that using any service provided on the Website implies full acceptance of these T&Cs.
The T&Cs apply to you, as a consumer and non-professional, and us, the company AMI PARIS whose head office is located at 3 Cour Berard - 75004 Paris 04, registered in the Paris Trade and Companies Register under number 527636609, VAT number FR13527636609. Note that these T&Cs are subject to change because we reserve the right to modify them at any time in line with changes to the Website and/or regulations. We would like to point out that it is the T&Cs in force at the time of your Trade-in and/or your Purchase that will apply to you.
For further information, or if you are unable to find your answer in these T&Cs or in the “FAQ” section, you can contact Customer Service directly.
Your Customer Account
To benefit from our trade-in service for one of your Ami products (selling your second-hand products) or order a second-hand product available on our Website (buying a second-hand product), you must create an AMI For Ever customer account (different to your customer account used on the www.amiparis.com website) via the “Create an account” section on the AMI For Ever Website.
Creating an account allows you to:
- provide your personal information to facilitate the sale of your AMI products or future second-hand product orders;
- view, change and update your personal information;
- confirm your identity before selling one of your products or ordering a product available on the Website;
- view your e-wallet and convert your credit into vouchers;
- track your current purchases and view the invoices from your previous orders.
By using the Website, you confirm that you are an individual residing in France, Germany, Belgium or the Netherlands, and wish to benefit from our trade-in service or purchase an Ami product for personal use in quantities corresponding to the usual needs of a private consumer. Under no circumstances may our Website be used by professional “customers”. We reserve the right to refuse an offer for sale or a purchase that has clearly been made by a professional customer.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your AMI For Ever Customer Account and password, as well as access restrictions to your computer or other devices. As such, you acknowledge responsibility for all activities originating from your AMI For Ever customer account. If you suspect that your customer account is being used by a third party, we recommend that you change your password and contact us to close the hacked customer account if necessary by contacting us via the address provided here (please specify the subject ""AMI For Ever"" for all your requests so that they are redirected to the correct service).
Selling your products: our trade-in service for your Ami products
What products can I trade-in via the Website?
You can send us your products which we will then put on sale on the Website by going to the “Sell” section. Only AMI products may be offered for sale on the Website; the brand label must be visible. Products without a brand label or whose inner composition label (containing the item’s reference number) have been removed are, therefore, not accepted.
In addition, the Website only offers a trade-in on products whose types and sizes are defined in the list made available in the automatic trade-in module accessible via the “Sell” section of the Website.
By requesting our trade-in service for your Ami product, you confirm that:
- You own this product and reside in metropolitan France (including Corsica), Belgium, Germany or The Netherlands
- You have the legal capacity and all necessary authorisations to offer the product for sale
- You agree contractually that all information provided when requesting the trade-in of your product is true and accurate
- You will provide all necessary information on the quality and condition of the product
- You will not send counterfeit products: the Website may request a certificate of authenticity to verify the information you provide. We reserve the right to verify the authenticity of the products you wish to trade-in and will refuse a product if we believe that it is a counterfeit. Therefore, if requested, you must send us the original copy and/or a copy by email of any evidence likely to prove the ownership of the product as well as its authenticity.
- In addition, any AMI product for which you wish to benefit from our trade-in service must be in one of the following conditions:
- New condition: the product has never been worn. It still has its original tags.
- Excellent condition: the item is practically new with no visible signs of wear or flaws.
- Very good condition: the item shows only minor signs of wear.
Check before sending your product that it has no defects, holes or stains or any signs of wear such as scratches, and that it falls into one of the three aforementioned categories. No product sent to us will be returned to you. It is your responsibility to ensure that your product meets the trade-in criteria.
On receipt of your product, we will check that the category you entered in the trade-in form is consistent with the condition of your product and that it still has its brand label and inner label. If not, the voucher amount will be reduced to correspond to the actual condition of the product if it still applies to one of the categories above, allowing it to be resold on the Website.
No voucher will be granted to you if we find upon receipt that your product has insurmountable flaws that do not allow it to be offered for sale on the Website and the product will not be returned to you
How can you use the trade-in service for Ami products?
Trading in your Ami products couldn’t be simpler!
- Head to our Website and select the “Sell” section;
- Provide your product’s characteristics by filling in the fields accessible in the “Sell” section of the Website and then obtain, using the automatic calculator, an estimate of our Trade-in Offer for your product. This estimate is based on internal criteria (such as the type of product, original value, declared condition, etc.) and is generated automatically. Please note that the Voucher amount that you will receive will not necessarily correspond to this estimate (see below).
- Once your trade-in request has been finalised and you have accepted these T&Cs, click on “Continue”;
- Log in to your AMI For Ever customer account on the Website, or create your AMI For Ever customer account on the Website if you do not already have one;
- Confirm your trade-in request;
- The shipping label required to send the parcel as well as the transfer note are sent to you by email; print these two documents;
- Prepare your package by adding the signed transfer note, affix the label to the package and ship it free of charge via Colissimo or Mondial Relay. You can choose from three possible methods to send your parcel: at the post office, at a La Poste or your country's main carrier, drop-off counter or in your mailbox.
Once your package has been received by us, we will check it within 15 days. You will then receive an email confirming whether or not your product has been accepted and the associated credit amount.
If it appears that the product is not in the condition that you selected (if, for instance, you indicated on the Sell page that your product was in “New condition” when it is actually in “Very good condition”), then the associated credit amount will be less than the trade-in offer estimated by our automatic calculator, without you being able to request a return of the product.
If your package, unfortunately, does not arrive at our address or is damaged during transport, we will let you open a complaint with La Poste Colissimo. No claim or compensation can be demanded from AMI.
What happens if the condition of my product is deemed insufficient to be put on sale?
If your product is refused because it is deemed to be in “poor condition”, i.e. it has insurmountable flaws that do not allow it to be offered for sale on the Website, such as hole(s), stain(s), scratch(es) or defect(s) that affect one or more of its functionalities, you will be informed by email no later than one month after sending your product to us.
For products in “poor condition” which cannot be resold on the Website:
No vouchers will be granted to you;
The refused product will not be returned to you, it will be donated to an organisation or will be upcycled.
What is the credit amount for trading in a product on the Website?
Once your product has been validated by our teams, you will receive the credit amount directly in your Member Account on the Website.
We remind you that the credit amount may differ from the offer provided to you by the automatic simulator if we believe that your product does not reflect the condition you indicated. Your product will not be returned to you.
How do I use my voucher?
The amount corresponding to your traded-in items will be credited to your e-wallet. This can be accessed from your customer account in the “My credits” section.
You can request to convert all or part of your e-wallet into a voucher at any time; this can be used on the AMI Paris website (as a promotional code), on the AMI For Ever Website (as a promotional code) or in one of our eligible stores (as a voucher received by email that you must present in store). It can be used at the following AMI stores:
- AMI Hamburg
- AMI Saint-Honoré
- AMI Beaumarchais
Please note, once the credit has been converted from your e-wallet, your Voucher will be usable exclusively and only according to the choice made (on the www.amiparis.com website, AMI For Ever Website or in-store).
Your Voucher is valid for 12 months.
To find out how to use your voucher, click here.
Note that your voucher cannot be exchanged or refunded for cash.
If the Website is shut down permanently and your e-wallet is still in credit, you will not be able to use the credit to purchase products on the Website. The credit amount will be automatically converted into a promotional code for use on the www.amiparis.com website; you will be notified of this by email.
Buying products: Ordering an AMI For Ever product from our Website
You can order your favourite second-hand products directly on our Website from the “Buy” section. All products offered for sale are second-hand Ami products that have been subject to quality control and reconditioning by us: inspection by hand by our quality experts, repair on a case-by-case basis if necessary, wet or dry cleaning and ironing. The signs of wear of the products and/or the repairs carried out on a product are explicitly mentioned on the product descriptions.
Product offers and prices are valid as long as they are visible on the Website, provided stock is available.
How do I order a product from the Website?
Ordering couldn’t be simpler!
- Select the product, confirm the size and add it to your basket. You can check the number of products in your basket and view detailed information on each of them by clicking on “Basket” at any time. After adding a first item to your basket, you can continue shopping by clicking on “Continue shopping”;
- Once you have finished shopping, click on “Complete my order”;
- Log in to your customer account or create a customer account if you do not already have one, or even checkout as a guest;
- Fill in your delivery address;
- Select your payment method (see the article “How do you pay for your order? ” below for more information on payment methods), read and accept all of the T&Cs and proceed to secure payment. Paying for your order implies full and complete acceptance of these T&Cs;
- Your order is confirmed! You will receive an email confirming your order.
- By placing an order, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old and have the legal capacity (or if you are a minor, that you have parental authorisation to place your order).
Once your order has been prepared by us, you will receive an email informing you that your items have been shipped. You will then be able to track the delivery status of your order from the tracking information provided in the email and in your Member Account. If you do not receive an email (neither confirmation nor shipment of your order), you can contact us for more information.
We may be forced to cancel your order for a legitimate reason, for example:
- if you were able to place an order but in the meantime the product became unavailable: we will inform you of this and refund the amount of your item as soon as possible;
- if a technical error occurred during payment;
- if we notice an obvious mistake in the product description (for example, an error concerning the essential characteristics of the product, or if an obviously incorrect price is displayed);
- if we observe fraudulent or abusive use of your account or related orders;
- if we have reason to believe that you have breached our T&Cs.
AMI For Ever product prices
The prices of our second-hand products are indicated on the Website in euros, all taxes included, excluding shipping costs (which will be specified to you when you confirm your delivery method). The prices are determined according to their condition (see article 2.1. for more information on the different product conditions). They take into account the Value Added Tax (VAT) and any reductions applicable under our commercial operations in force on the day of your order.
How do you pay for your order?
Payment for your order is made directly online via bank card (debit, Visa, MasterCard, American Express), or using a voucher (total credited to the e-wallet of your customer account if you have used our trade-in service; only one voucher can be used per order).
After receiving confirmation of your payment from our payment service provider, your bank account will be debited with the total amount of your order. If a voucher is used, this will be debited with the amount of your order.
We would like to reassure you that all transactions are secure and comply with the legal provisions in force: they are carried out within a strict framework of confidentiality and encryption of all your data with our payment provider.
At no point do we have access to your personal data concerning your payment method, in particular bank cards, and do not store any such data on our servers.
Delivery of your order
Where and how can it be delivered?
Please note that Ami For Ever can only deliver online purchases to France, Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands. You can choose between Colissimo (home delivery) or Mondial Relay (pick-up point) for the delivery of your online purchase. The package can be delivered to your home or to a pick-up point.ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIME
We will do our best to get your order to you as quickly as possible.
- Belgium/the Netherlands/Germany: 5 to 7 business days
- France: 3 to 5 business days
Note: delivery times begin on the working day after the order was placed and are indicative. During peak periods, shipping and delivery may take longer than usual.
- Belgium/the Netherlands/Germany: delivery costs are €5.90 for delivery to a pick-up point and €7.20 for home delivery without a signature required.
- France: delivery costs are €2.90 for delivery to a pick-up point and €7.20 for home delivery without a signature required.
You will be able to track the progress of your order upon receipt of the email confirming the shipment of your order and the tracking information.
If you are not home when the order is delivered, a calling card will be provided informing you of how you can retrieve your order.
When will it be delivered?
When placing your order, the delivery time of your items will be specified to you. Please note that it may take longer during peak periods.
If your order is delayed or missing, please contact us at the address provided here. (Please specify the subject ""AMI For Ever"" for all your requests so that they are redirected to the correct service).
What are our return and refund policies?
In accordance with European regulations, you have a withdrawal period of 14 days from receipt of your order to notify us of your desire to return any product that does not meet your requirements. You must then return your product without undue delay and at the latest within 14 days of the date of your withdrawal.
You can print your return slip by going to the “My orders” section in your AMI For Ever customer account. You then have to return your products to us within 14 days of notifying us, the return costs will be at your expense.
How do you return your order to us?
The products you wish to return to us must be in their original condition, without having been damaged, stained, washed, modified or worn (except for trying on the item), in the original packaging and with all accessories relating to the Items, such as packaging, labels, and the original invoice.
In-store returns are not available for second-hand products, you can return your product to us only by post, by doing the following:
- Log in to your Member Account to print the delivery note for your return as well as the prepaid label
- Mark the product(s) you wish to return on the delivery note;
- Include this delivery note in your return package along with the product(s) to be returned;
- Attach the prepaid label (note, the return costs are your responsibility, the cost of the prepaid label will be deducted from the refund of your product);
- Drop off your return package at the post office within a maximum of 14 days from your return request.
When will you be refunded?
Once our team has verified your return, you will receive a refund confirmation email.
We shall refund you the amount corresponding to the returned product(s), minus the return costs, as soon as possible and at the latest within 14 days following the date of receipt of your return at our warehouse, or on providing proof of shipment of your return.
Your refund will be made directly to the account linked to the bank card used to pay for the order and/or re-credited to the e-wallet on your AMI For Ever Customer Account if you used a voucher for your purchase. You will receive a refund confirmation email as soon as it is confirmed by our systems. You will be able to track the progress of the stages of your return directly in your customer account, under the section “My orders”.
Any return of a product not in the state it was sent to you and which, conversely, has been worn and/or soiled and/or damaged will be sent back to you and will not be refunded.
What guarantees apply to your products?
Our products benefit from legal guarantees, i.e. the legal guarantee of conformity and the guarantee against hidden defects. As a seller, we are effectively liable for:
- defects relating to the conformity of the products you buy, under the conditions of Article L.217-4 and seq. of the Consumer Code. The legal guarantee of conformity applies when your product does not conform, for example when your product does not function in accordance with the uses for which this product is usually used, or when it does not correspond to the description given;
- and its hidden defects under the conditions of Article 1641 and seq. of the Civil Code. The guarantee against hidden defects covers you when your product has a hidden defect, i.e. a defect not apparent at the time of purchase which renders the product unfit for its use or which greatly diminishes this use.
Please note that the legal guarantee of conformity and the guarantee of hidden defects cannot be applied in the event of misuse of your products or non-compliance with the maintenance conditions for your product (provided on our labels or by our reconditionners).
If you choose to invoke the legal guarantee of conformity, then you:
- have a period of two (2) years from delivery of the product to act;
- can choose between repairing or replacing the product, subject to the cost conditions provided for in article L.217-9 of the Consumer Code;
- are exempt from providing proof of the existence of the lack of conformity of the goods during the six (6) months following the delivery of the goods, in the case of second-hand products, this period being extended to 12 months from 1 January 2022.
The legal guarantee of conformity applies independently of any commercial guarantee granted.
You can decide to invoke the guarantee against hidden defects in accordance with Article 1641 of the Civil Code. In this case, you can choose between terminating the contract or reducing the sale price in accordance with Article 1644 of the Civil Code.
Your Personal Data
We treat your Personal Data with the utmost care and confidentiality.
For more information on the management of your Personal Data, as well as the sending of our commercial offers and AMI newsletters, you can consult our
Liability and force majeure
We undertake to describe with the greatest accuracy the second-hand products that we sell on the Website and to ensure that the information provided there is as up-to-date as possible.
We cannot be held liable in the event of a breach of one of our contractual obligations resulting from a case of force majeure as defined by the regulations. In particular, we will not be held responsible for any non-performance or delay in the execution of your orders, caused by events beyond our control, such as:
- Strikes, closures or other industrial action;
- Civil unrest, riots, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (declared or not), or threat or preparation for war;
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic and pandemic or other natural disasters;
- Inability to use transport by rail, boat, plane, road or other means of private or public transport;
- Inability to use public and private telecommunications networks;
- Acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government (e.g. administrative closure of stores);
- Failure or accidents involving maritime, postal or other modes of transport.
The execution of the T&Cs will be suspended for as long as the case of force majeure lasts and the execution and delivery times will be extended accordingly. Please note, however, that we will do our best to put an end to the case of force majeure or find a solution allowing us to perform our contractual obligations despite the occurrence of the force majeure.
What if we disagree?
We hope we don’t, but sometimes we might disagree!
Please note that our T&Cs are subject to French law, and that your offers for sale and your purchases of Ami second-hand products on the Website are subject to the T&Cs in force on the day of your sale or your order.
In the event of a dispute, we invite you to contact us to seek an amicable solution together.
If we fail to reach an agreement, you can contact the E-commerce Mediator of the FEVAD (Federation of E-Commerce and Distance Selling) whose contact details are as follows:
60 Rue La Boétie – 75008 Paris – France
The European Commission also provides you with an online dispute resolution platform accessible at the following address:
If we, unfortunately, do not reach an amicable solution, then it shall be referred to the French courts and French law will apply.